Introduction

Hello and welcome to sarah reads a book.! I am the titular writer behind this blog and I happen to read many books, and I also happen to have many thoughts on those books. Too many thoughts to contain into a simple app such as Goodreads; too abstract, too vibrant, too extravagant for such a platform to convey the connection I could have for a piece of art.

I jest; I use the apps almost too much. I like having an organized place to see all the books I've read, and it's great for witty thoughts and first reactions during the reading experience. But I grew up on LiveJournal, and my heart yearns to return to the great vast blog format and all the ways in which I can utilize my creativity through it.

As for me, all you need to know is I'm a 30 year old lady living in the midwest (of Chappell Roan, the very same), I have a beautiful cat named Seiji (named after one of my favorite movies, Studio Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart), and, if you're lookin', you'll probably find us sitting outside, book in one hand and joint in the other. Hey! We all have our hobbies!

I wouldn't say I'm a very adventurous reader when it comes to exploring genres, only because I refuse to read a book set in a time with running water. Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but... just don't bring pop culture references into this or I'm gonna feel like I'm reading an Instagram caption. I like historical fiction, I like a romance subplot, and I love fantasy. More recently, I gravitate pretty much exclusively towards woman authors and stories about queer and/or poc characters. Most importantly, though, I love to be a hater. Whether I hated it so much that I loved it, or I just plain hated it, I am absolutely overjoyed to express that hatred. Again, we all have our hobbies!

With all that out of the way, I am so excited to relearn some old skills through this blog and I am grateful to anyone who decides to read it. :) So let's get on with it...

Comments

Popular Posts